1. POSITION VACANT: Project Associates - Training & Delivery, Transform Schools, People For Action, Agartala, Tripura, India (Eight Vacancies).
2. ORGANISATIONAL AND PROJECT BACKGROUND:
Despite India’s impressive economic growth, social inequality keeps more than 200 million people in poverty. According to the World Economic Forum, it will take seven generations for India’s poor to reach a mean income. Access to education, particularly for girls, is critical to ending this trend – per SDGs 4, 5 & 10. Evidence shows poverty could be cut in half if all children completed secondary school.
Yet, while the Indian government has invested heavily in primary education, attention at the secondary level lags. The transition from primary to secondary is low, with only 50% completing secondary school. Classroom sizes are large. Quality is inconsistent. Access to digital learning is limited. Many school management challenges exist. And teachers don’t always have the support they need to ensure good learning outcomes for all. As a result, millions of children are left behind. So the cycle of poverty continues.
People For Action (PFA) is a non-profit in India that takes action to address this issue by improving learning outcomes for students in secondary schools in India.PFA’s Transform Schools Programme worked across schools in six states and aims to deepen its impact and expand to additional States in India.
Now, Transform Schools intends to increase its reach to 20 million children by 2030 using its powerful models and high-quality resources.
Our Mission - Improving learning outcomes for secondary-school children in India.
Our Vision - Every child realises their full potential in school & life beyond.
For more information about the organisation, please visit https://www.transformschools.in/
About The Project:
Transform Schools is providing technical support to the Tripura State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) for In-service Teacher Professional Development and support within 12 aspirational blocks of Tripura under Tripura Rural Economic Growth and Service Delivery (TRESP).
Objective Of The Project:
(1) Build the capacity at SCERT and District Institute of Education and Training (DIETs) to improve planning, implementation, and monitoring of in-service teacher professional development by developing stronger linkages with data/evidence from student learning assessments and teacher subject and pedagogical knowledge assessments.
(2) Supplement the technical and operational capacity of SCERT and DIETs to provide evidence- based support to teachers through the development and rollout of in-service professional development courses.
(3) Development of grade and subject-wise structured lesson plans and guidebooks for upper primary, secondary, and senior secondary teachers
(4) Develop communication collaterals around the teacher professional development initiatives to be rolled out under TRESP:
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Associates - Training & Delivery will be responsible for conducting training sessions and workshops for teachers, focusing on improving their pedagogical skills, subject knowledge, and classroom management techniques.
(A) Teacher Training Program Delivery:
(1) Conduct training sessions and workshops for teachers, focusing on improving their pedagogical skills, subject knowledge, and classroom management techniques;
(2) Collaborate with the project team to design and develop training materials, modules, and resources for effective program delivery;
(3) Implement and adapt existing training curriculum to meet the specific needs of different educational settings and target groups;
(4) Facilitate engaging and interactive training sessions, utilizing a variety of instructional methods and techniques;
(5) Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, gather feedback, and make necessary improvements for continuous enhancement.
(B) Training Needs Assessment:
(1) Assess the training needs of teachers and educational institutions through surveys, interviews, and observations;
(2) Analyze the collected data to identify gaps in knowledge and skills, and develop appropriate training plans to address those gaps;
(3) Collaborate with the project team to develop and implement strategies for ongoing needs assessment and program evaluation.
(C) Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management:
(1) Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including teachers, school administrators, education officials, and community members;
(2) Liaise with partner organizations and external trainers to coordinate training events, schedules, and logistics;
(3) Provide guidance and support to teachers and educational institutions, addressing their queries, concerns, and challenges related to the training programs.
(D) Documentation and Reporting:
(1) Maintain accurate records of training activities, participant attendance, and evaluation results;
(2) Prepare reports and presentations on training outcomes, progress, and impact for internal and external stakeholders;
(3) Contribute to the development of case studies, success stories, and best practices related to teacher training and professional development.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications and Experience:
(1) Graduate or equivalent degree in education/ or related discipline.;
(2) Minimum two years of experience in the delivery of teacher training programs.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Preference will be given to candidates who have proficiency in Bangla, Kokbarok, or other dialects of Tripura.
(2) Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and collaboration skills;
(3) Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, and community members;
(4) Proficiency in using technology and digital tools for training purposes;
(5) Familiarity with educational programs, initiatives, and best practices in the education sector in India.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The consolidated remuneration for the position ranges between Rs. 5-6 lacs per annum and will commensurate with experience and salary history of the candidate.
6. DURATION OF CONTRACT:
The contract for the Project Associates - Training & Delivery position shall be for three years, including a three-month probationary period. Following the successful completion of the probationary period, the contract will continue for the remaining period of three years, subject to satisfactory performance evaluations and mutual agreement between the employee and Transform Schools.
7. LOCATION: Agartala, Tripura, India
8. REFERENCE: PATD-TS-PFA
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position, are requested to apply at the earliest.
Due to the urgency of filling the positions, we have initiated interviews with qualified candidates even before the application deadline. Interested candidates are urged to apply at the earliest.
Transform Schools, People For Action is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.