Acosys Consulting Services is looking to hire a Level 2 Tester, for a contract role, with one of our federal clients.
- Analyzing client requirements to determine intended functionality and creating applicable test cases / test scenarios.
- Development of test plans, test scripts and test data
- Participate in functional and technical design reviews, perform integration/functional and system testing, and verify test results.
- Identify and document software defects.
- Participate with other project resources to resolve defects.
- Conduct walkthroughs and reviews related to testing and implementation readiness.
- Status reporting
- Contribute / maintain test automation strategies.
- Contribute / maintain software testing procedures for unit test, integration testing and regression testing with emphasis on automating the testing procedures and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Contribute / maintain "interoperability" testing procedures to ensure that the interaction and co-existence of various software elements, which are proposed to be distributed on the common infrastructure, conform to appropriate departmental standards (e.g. For performance, compatibility, etc.) and have no unforeseen detrimental effects on the shared infrastructure
- Contribute / maintain validation and verification capability which assumes functional and performance compliance.
- Support and use the selected departmental methodologies.
Typical projects that resources may be assigned but not limited to:
- Develop high-performance computing capabilities.
- Design, develop and implement enhancements to existing systems or create new technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Design and implement cloud service offerings for delivery of internal or external services.
- Design and develop applications or portals using custom code or low-code platforms;
- Deliver proof of concept artifacts or prototypes for new technical solutions
- Analysis of options to determine the tool or service that will best meet the needs of the organization.
- Status Reporting to the technical authority or a designate as requested
- Provide a monthly timesheet to the CIHR Technical Authority (monthly activity).
- Attend daily status meetings (daily activity).
- Perform system / regression testing and document test results (daily activity)
- Document test scenarios, cases, scripts and create test data (daily activity)
- Create and maintain automated test scripts (daily activity)
- Perform peer code review as directed (daily activity).
- The proposed resource must have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience within the last ten (10) years in developing test plans, test scripts and test data, test execution, and documenting test results.
- The proposed resource must have a minimum of two (2) years of work experience within the last eight (8) years in creating and maintaining automated test scripts, and working with test automation tools, including programming test cases for automation.
- The proposed resource must have a minimum of two (2) years of work experience within the last eight (8) years in working with accessibility testing tools, creating accessibility test cases/scripts, executing accessibility testing and documenting test results.
- The proposed resource must meet one (1) of the following: 1) A university degree in a related* business or technology discipline. OR 2) A two-year college diploma in a related* business or technology discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related* business or technology discipline. OR 3) A minimum of 10 years overall work experience as a Tester
- The proposed resource should have a minimum of six (6) months of work experience in the following area: · Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- The proposed resource should have work experience performing all of the following tasks: 1) Creating and maintaining automated test scripts. 2) Working with test automation tools. 3) Programming test cases for automation.
- The proposed resource should have a minimum of six (6) months of work experience using MS Azure DevOps (formerly TFS).
- The proposed resource should have work experience in using accessibility testing tools such as JAWS, NVDA, WAVE or equivalent.
All work will be completed in English.
A Reliability security clearance is required.
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership.