1. POSITION VACANT: Associate Manager - Financial Inclusion, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), set up on April 2, 1990, under an Act of Indian Parliament, acts as the Principal Financial Institution for the Promotion, Financing and Development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector and for co-ordinating the functions of different institutions engaged in similar activities.
With the adoption of Vision 2.0, SIDBI has reoriented its focus on Promotion and Development, with thrust on Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), particularly in unserved/ underserved pockets/ segments and Entrepreneurship Development. It is a strategic initiative by SIDBI, aimed at accelerating effort to serve the MSME domain by transforming its current role to that of an All-India Financial Institution creating an integrated credit and development support ecosystem for Indian MSEs, and promoting their inclusive growth. This initiative is dedicated to meeting both the credit and non-credit needs of MSEs, enabling them to be globally competitive.
For more information about SIDBI, please visit https://www.sidbi.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
SIDBI is looking for an outstanding development professional, to join their team at New Delhi as Associate Manager - Financial Inclusion (AsM-FI) under Swavalamban Resource Facility, Programs for Development and Impact Vertical. The post-holder shall support SIDBI in the effective functioning/ management of day-to-day affairs and work in close coordination with Mission Swavalamban. S/he shall be responsible for the following:
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Support SIDBI in the effective functioning/ management of day-to-day affairs;
(2) Work in close co-ordination with Mission Swavalamban of SIDBI;
(3) Manage and oversee processes (including MIS, follow-up and monitoring) of developmental projects, and other allied activities, being undertaken by SIDBI;
(4) Process and settle the related bills of concerned agencies;
(5) Keep in touch with sectoral developments on financial inclusion and other relevant aspects, involving livelihood, and small and micro enterprises and prepare updates on sectoral issues;
(6) Document project progress through various internal reporting mechanisms;
(7) Represent SIDBI in different fora/ events and brief higher-ups about the same;
(8) Interact with various stakeholders for the effective implementation of different activities undertaken by SIDBI;
(9) Build/ maintain strong working relationships with all concerned stakeholders;
(10) Any other work assigned by SIDBI.
SIDBI reserves the right to relocate the AsM-FI to any other place, at its discretion.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Commerce/ Economics/ Business Management/ Rural Management, and/or any other relevant area, from a recognized University/ Institution.
(1) Minimum three to five years’ demonstrated experience in providing technical expertise in the design and implementation of developmental programs;
(2) Good experience in dealing with operational aspects of developmental activities relating to microfinance/ livelihood/ microenterprises.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi;
(2) Professional maturity and business judgment.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation offered on a CTC basis shall be commensurate with industry standards. Higher compensation may be considered for highly competent and experienced candidates based on their suitability/ experience.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. AGE LIMIT: Applicants shall not be more than 35 years as on November 01, 2023.
8. PERIOD OF CONTRACT: The initial term of the contract for AsM-FI shall be a period of two years. Need-based renewal/ extension of the contract may be considered by SIDBI, subject to ongoing need and periodic review of performance.
9. GENERAL INFORMATION:
(1) Candidates are advised that they should not furnish any particulars or information that is false, tampered/ fabricated and/or suppress any material information while applying online. In case it is detected at any stage that the applicant does not fulfil any of the eligibility criteria for the post and/or that s/he has furnished any incorrect information, or has suppressed any material fact(s), her/his candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after the appointment, her/his services are liable to be terminated;
(2) Selection shall be by way of written test/ personal interview held before the Selection Committee. The Bank will undertake a preliminary screening of applications for preparing, if necessary, a shortlist of eligible candidates to be called for interview. Thus, merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement shall not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The date of interview shall be advised to shortlisted candidates;
(3) Candidates shortlisted for interview shall have to produce all certificates in original for verification of their age, educational qualification, category, experience details, etc. at the time of interview. Failure to produce the same shall render the candidate ineligible for the recruitment process;
(4) SIDBI reserves right to fill/ not fill the above position at any stage of the recruitment process;
(5) Decisions taken by the Selection Committee in connection with the recruitment process, shall be final.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position can apply by or before November 24, 2023.